Monday, April 1, 2013

Strawberry Mango Fruit Roll-ups


Being a 90's kid, I loved fruit roll-ups. They were so addicting and as I grew up, I realized how bad they were for me. All that high fructose syrup and coloring does not need to be apart of my daily diet. Luckily, I found this handy recipe to make my own all natural fruit roll-ups. They kind of remind me of the fruit leathers that are sold at Trader Joe's. I love making these because it is an easy way for me to use up ripe fruits that are going bad faster than I can eat them.

Ingredients: 

3 mangos
1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup water
2 tsp lemon juice

Directions: 

Preheat convection oven to the lowest setting. (Mine was at 170F. I used convection oven but regular works just as well)
Put all the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. (the mixture should be thick but runny)
Optional: strain mixture to remove all the strawberry seeds
Line a baking tray (not baking sheet) with plastic wrap.
Pour a thin layer of your fruit mixture onto the baking tray.
Bake for 4-6 hours. (conventional ovens will take longer)
Good luck and Enjoy!

1 comment: